Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trip to Omaha





I got to spend a few days in Omaha wtih Robyn and her family. Unfortunately I couldn't go during spring break so I only had a few days. The day I was leaving it started to snow and we had blizzard like conditions but I was lucky enough to get out before it hit. I had a great time in Omaha. We went shooting - my first time and I had a blast. I did much better than I expected. That first shot though felt pretty creepy. I was so proud of my target I brought it home with me - Glen got me the biggest target he could find so it was not a real surprise when I actaully hit the target most of the time! We spent a day at the zoo for Elly's birthday and we made a short stop at the Missouri River. I had a book with easy cookie recipes so I let the girls pick one out and we made them. Sorry for the mess I left you Robyn. I also bought the movie Twilight while I was there. I had heard so many good reviews that I could hardly wait to see it. I was very disappointed - I thought it was kind of boring. While we were at the zoo I let Ashleigh and Jayson take lots of pics - they thought I needed a new one for my computer wall paper. I now have a picture of jelly fish as my background. I love the aqauriam at this zoo. It is like walking through a tunnel - the water is on both sides and over top too. Of course the night life wasn't my favorite - I had to hang on to the kids cause I am so old and blind! Anyway, I had to come home too early. Elly wouldn't even tell me goodbye cause she was mad that I was leaving. The hard life of a grandma! When I was taking pictures of the kids, Jeremiah would smile big every time he saw the camera. Aaric, however, would always hide. I finally got a few without his hand in front of his face. - and the one picture that looks like it is sideways - well, turning it didn't help - I took it crooked. What can I say.













No comments: